Wednesday 20 February 2013

National Library of Ireland - Blog Post on French journalist Simone Téry (1897-1967)

I was recently invited to contribute a blog post about my research on the official blog of the National Library of Ireland (NLI). I wrote about how invaluable primary source material held in the NLI helped me in my research. 

 
The subject of my post was a most unique individual named Simone Téry (1897-1967). She was a French journalist who worked for the newspaper L'Oeuvre and visited Ireland many times during the 1920s. At an important time in modern Irish history, she interviewed key people in the political and artistic spheres and her lengthy descriptive articles appeared on L'Oeuvre's front page.

Click here to view the blog post on the NLI's Official Blog.

 
Photograph of Simone Téry. Image source.

No comments:

Post a Comment