Thursday 5 May 2011

Digital research & referencing tools - help or hindrance?

For the next 10 or so blog posts I will be discussing whether or not digital research tools can help me with my PhD research.

In recent years there has been an explosion in the amount of tools available to do coursework or research online. I am talking about referencing and archiving tools such as Zotero, Evernote & Endnote. I'm also talking about micromedia and social media outlets and sites such as blogs, Twitter and Facebook - where virtual scholarly communities can come together to share information and maybe even help each other and find solutions to common challenges.

I will also examine what has been discovered through empirical studies carried out to judge the effectiveness of digital research tools and also the use of social media sites to aid research.

No comments:

Post a Comment