Tuesday 9 June 2020

Irishman's Diary reappears in Courrier International

I was pleasantly surprised to see my Irishman's Diary from May 20th 2020 on La Fronde and Marguerite Durand reappear on the website of Courrier International recently. Here is a link to their article. 

For some reason, I didn't think that there would be that much interest in the story in France. I thought that it was widely known that the world's first newspaper for women was published there in 1897 by Marguerite Durand. However, given the coverage of my Irishman's Diary on social media by people in France and the piece in Courrier International, I was proved wrong.

The image that accompanied the article in Courrier International.

Courrier International is a French language weekly newspaper that translates and publishes excerpts of articles from newspapers around the world. I remember buying copies of it a few years ago. In those pre-internet days, I thought it was a very good idea to get a perspective of what's happening around the world. 

I still think it's a good idea, but haven't seen it on sale here for a while. I will look out for it in Easons once the Covid 19 pandemic lock down is over and things have returned to 'normal'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment